The dedicated professionals of the Turkey Creek Fire Territory are currently looking for professional individuals who are interested in becoming a CAREER FIREFIGHTER/ EMT. We serve a diverse population of approximately 10,000 permanent citizens and provide mutual aid response to other surrounding agencies. Turkey Creek Fire Territory personnel train and work to provide the best emergency services available. We strive to meet every challenge with professionalism, integrity and accountability, and we will set the standard for others in our field. We provide competent and compassionate care to those in need. The Turkey Creek Fire Territory staffs 5 certified personnel per shift, along with the Fire Chief during business hours. Our Advanced Life Support ambulances are staffed with Paramedics and EMTs 24 hours a day. We work closely with our Medical Director to provide the most current, evidence-based EMS care available.
Basic Eligibility Requirements
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- Must be 21-35 years of age.
- Must be a high school graduate, as evidenced by a transcript issued by an accredited high school.
- Must possess a valid unrestricted driver's license.
- Must have current Firefighter/EMT or Paramedic certification.
Copies of the Following Documents are Required
- DD214 (Armed Services Discharge if applicable)
- Birth Certificate
- High School Diploma
- Valid Driver's License
- Firefighter Certification
- EMT or Paramedic Certification
- Background Investigation
- Written Examination
- Candidate Physical Abilities Examination
- Psychological Examination
- Pension (77 PERF) Physical Examination
- Conditional Offer of Employment
- High School or Equivalent
Employment Applications are Available in the Link Below:
FF/ EMT Employment Application--2022
Or may be picked up in person at:
Turkey Creek Fire Territory---Station #2
8138 E. McClintic Rd.
Syracuse, IN 46567
(574) 457-5507 / (574) 457-6917
Turkey Creek Fire Territory--Station #1
402 N. Huntington St.
Syracuse, IN 46567